Submissions for Stories My Gay Uncle Told Me open April 10th 2019 … so don’t send us stories until April 10th or later.
• stories and essays only, so definitely not poetry*
• 50 words minimum, 1000 words maximum, fiction and non-fiction
• original, so previously unpublished online or in print (so that includes authors’ websites and blogs)
• must be about a gay uncle telling a story of some kind. This could mean you as a narrator recount a story your gay uncle told you. It could be that the gay uncle narrates the story and you are a participant or listener. There may not be an obvious “you” in the story at all but a presumably older gay man is telling the story. It could all be told in the 3rd person and how you work out the gay uncle and “you” is up to you. There are many ways of doing this.
If you wish to be involved or have questions, email email@example.com.
For other topics re submitting and rights etc, click here.
* We will be calling for submissions for a poetry-only anthology later in 2019. For preliminary info, click here.